Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What I Ate Today -- June 10, 2008

Feeling very full today. I'm not even sure why I bothered with dinner except out of habit and/or wanting a treat after working both my regular and freelance jobs in one day. Live and learn, I suppose.

Recipes noted below can be found in "The Raw 50" by Carol Alt. I'm really pleased with what she's gathered together in this book.


Breakfast: Shake with one banana, handful of blueberries, 1/2 avocado, skim milk (finishing that up now). Raw oatmeal with almond milk, a few dried cherries, sprinkles of wheat germ and ground flaxseed. Yummy, but I made WAY too much. Iced coffee with milk.

Lunch: Avo-Corn Stuffed Tomato (except I just chopped the tomato into the salad instead of trying to transport a stuffed anything to work -- either way, it's great). Piece of bread with one wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese. One can Diet Coke.

Snack: Granny Smith apple. One wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese. Tastes of hummus I made for tomorrow.

Dinner: Red Beet Ravioli with Tarragon "Goat Cheese" (except my mandoline is on it's way, so I had it open-faced on beet rounds as a starter -- good but not sure if it's worth all the work that went into it). Three hours later...two-thirds of a small Garden Fresh Papa John's pizza. Urp. One glass Vinho Verde.

Notes: Moving forward, I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to reasonably cut down on my fat intake. Granted, what I'm eating is fairly healthy, but I think one avocado OR some coconut OR some nuts -- scattered throughout the day -- is enough. I can understand why I've been overloading a bit here in the initial stages, but I find myself not craving fats as much as freshness. Maybe it's the weather? Regardless, I'm going with it.

No comments: